Pom pom crafts and activities; even more ways to play!
It wasn’t until I had kids and became a preschool activity blogger that I realized there are so many ways to play with pom poms. It’s literally like pom pom crafts and activities for days.
I really couldn’t believe it!
Here I am, standing in a craft store, and the ideas come rushing in. Pom poms are excellent supplies for color sorting, grasping, and, you guessed it, even sensory play.
Without further ado, here are terrific ways to play with pom poms!
RELATED: Love art as much as we do? You must check out all our art ideas!
What do you do with craft pom poms?
Did you know that pom poms are used for so much more than holiday decorations?
First, let’s take a look at how we use them at home with kids:
- Imaginary play
- Sensory play
- Relay races
- Water play
So you know that bag you tossed into the closet? Well, it’s time to bring it back out. Here are 20+ pom pom crafts and activities listed here that will put them to excellent use.
RELATED: Explore Colors with these 35+ Color Activities for Kids.
Let’s dive into some serious fun.
Additionally, I matched the numbered activities below to the number in the image above. No more guessing which activity is best. You have everything upfront to dive right in.
- Color Sorting Delivery Trucks – Days with Grey
- Exploring Colors Sensory Bin – Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
- Make a Match – Days with Grey
- Pom Pom Balance Tree – Hands on as We Grow
- Run and Sort – Days with Grey
- Feed the Caterpillars – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Measure to the Lines – Days with Grey
- Pom Pom Hockey Quiet Bin – Here Wee Learn
- PVC Pipe Pom Pom Drop – Teaching Mama
- The Watermelon Seed – Days with Grey
- Little Blue Truck – Days with Grey
- Caps for Sale – Days with Grey
Likewise, there are an additional 12 pom pom craft and activity ideas for kids.
Again, you will see that the image is paired to the list below for quick and easy navigation.
- How to make a DIY Pom Pom – The Craft Train
- Squeeze and Sort – Days with Grey
- Pom Pom Whisk Activity – My Bored Toddler
- Magnetic Tiles and Pom Poms – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Pom Pom Soup – Busy Toddler
- Mitten Craft – No Time For Flashcards
- Apple Color Sort – Days with Grey
- Pom Pom Christmas Ornaments – Tinker Lab
- Rainbow Collage Craft – Happy Hooligans
- Ice Cream Parlor – Play to Learn
- Apple Tree Alphabet Game – Pre-K Pages
- Pom Pom Push – Busy Toddler
When it comes to pom pom crafts and activities, this is where it’s at!
Which pom pom activity for kids will you try first?