Ready for super fun preschool book activities?
You’ve come to the right place. Here are 20+ fantastic preschool book activities your family will enjoy.
These book activities will help introduce character, plot, setting, and sequence of events with your preschooler.
Here, I team up with bloggers worldwide to share the very best preschool activities for retelling a book. From food ideas to art projects, here are the very best 20+ preschool book activities.
Preschool book activities
Days with Grey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my disclosure policy.
Mouse Count Preschool Book Activities
Retelling Mouse Count by Ellen Stoll Walsh is a favorite! This classic book for preschoolers never gets old.
What makes this even more fun is gathering a few props to help retell the story. A paper tube, lacing beads, and our favorite board book is just about all we need!
- Using Paper Rolls and Blocks – Days with Grey
- Count to 10 with Counting Mice Rocks + DIY Video – The Mama Workshop
Preschool Book Activities for Owl Babies
Owl Babies is one of my all-time favorite board books. I gift it to new babies and read it dozens of times on my own. This Owl Babies activity will help retell the familiar story along with engaging in a simple art activity.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
I assure you. This Very Hungry Caterpillar count up will feel like a fun game on the outside, yet inside it packs powerful learning through play punch.
Preschool book activities for Caps for Sale
Have you read Caps for Sale? It has us all laughing every single time. Now, not only can we read it, but we can also retell this familiar story with the Caps for Sale preschool activity.
- Pom Pom Cap Tower – Days with Grey
- Stacking Caps with Play-doh – The Mama Workshop
- Recipe – Frozen Monkey Tails – Veggies and Virtue on Instagram
The Watermelon Seed
This summer, let’s read The Watermelon Seed! This treasured preschool book combines well with a watermelon seed activity.
- DIY Cardboard Slice of Watermelon – Days with Grey
- Number Watermelon Seed Match – The Mama Workshop
- Watermelon Slime – The Littles and Me
- Watermelon on a Stick – Veggies and Virtue
Preschool book activities for Dragons Love Tacos
How about Dragons Love Tacos? I mean, how many times can you read a book before it becomes an obsessive habit?
My boys adore this book. They think it’s hysterical and probably now eat more tacos because of it. #momwin This spring or summer, scoop up the book and cool the Jello. You don’t want to miss out on this sensory activity!
- Super Spicy Salsa Jello Wash – Days with Grey
- House and Tacos Letter Craft – The Mama Workshop
- Build Your Own Taco Bar – Veggies and Virtue
- Slime + Free Printable – U Ready Teddy
- Fire Breathing Dragon Craft – Grace, Giggles, and Naptime
The Tree; A Peek-Through Picture Book
Learning about trees is super exciting for preschoolers. The book Tree: A Peek Through Picture Book and craft activity makes a great addition to outdoor learning.
- Clothespin Season Tree – Days with Grey
- DIY Season Tree Puzzle – The Mama Workshop
- Splat Pat Season Tree – Glued to My Crafts