What can kids do for Easter at home? Here are 60 Easter Activities for Kids. If you are like me, you are looking for simple (and easy) Easter ideas that can help add a little excitement to your daily routine. It has been proven (by me, your friend, and a mom of three who blogs on the internet) that fresh ideas for spring bring a little more sunshine into the day, even when that final snowstorm is melting on your driveway.
So before the bunny comes hopping in with the Easter basket of goodies, let’s take down the mitten pictures and swap them out for bunnies, Easter eggs, and lambs.
RELATED: You will love these 51 Spring Activities for Kids.
Let’s keep Easter ideas simple (and fun!)
I am not one to spend much prep time on activities I have for my children. Instead, I look for Easter activities and crafts that encourage the process over the final product.
THE 411 OF ROUNDUPS: Each link will take you to an activity to help make your rabbit hole search on Pinterest easier. The titles explain what you will find when you hop over to another blog for the idea. New activities will open in a different tab, so you will still have this original list to bounce back to in your browser.
Inside this Easter activity for kids roundup, you will find:
- Simple Easter Games
- Easy Easter Sensory Bins
- Easter Art Activities
- Fun Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
- Family Games for Easter
RELATED: As the weather warms up, you’ll want to pin this outdoor activity list to circle back to over the next few months.
What is a fun Easter game for kids?
Simple Easter Activities make fun Easter games for kids. Here is a list of my favorite exciting and entertaining games for kids.
- Crack an Egg, Sort the Color – Days with Grey
- Egg Drop for Fine Motor Skills – Days with Grey
- Crack a Name with Easter Eggs – Days with Grey
- How to Build An Easter Bunny House – Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Easter Egg Snack Hunt for Toddlers – Busy Toddler
- Sticky Easter Egg for Toddlers – Toddler Approved
- Easter Egg Roll Game – The Crazy Outdoor Mama
- Magnetic Easter Eggs (older children) – Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Easter Hunt – Toddler Approved
- Plastic Egg Wall – Teaching Mama
- Jelly Bean Munch – The Crazy Outdoor Mama
Easy Easter Sensory Bins
I used sensory play in my parenting to offer my child ideas that encourage independent play. This list of low-prep sensory play ideas is easy to set up and will entertain your child this spring.
- Easter Egg Water Sensory Bin – Days with Grey
- Fizzy Eggs – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Easter Sensory Bin with Rainbow Rice – Busy Toddler
- Easter Egg Ice Excavation – Toddler Approved
- Egg Scoop Easter Activity – Toddler Approved
- Easter Egg Playdough Tray – No Time for Flashcards
- Fizzy Bunnies Science Experiment – Raising Dragons
- Life-Sized Easter Basket Sensory Bin – Fun at Home with Kids
- Easter Egg Water Sensory Bin – My Bored Toddler
- No Food Easter Sensory Bin – No Time for Flashcards
- Easter Egg Music Shakers – Preschool Inspirations
- Magic Easter Eggs (Hatching and Foaming) – Fun at Home with Kids
- Easter Art Paintings (on cardboard!) – Days with Grey
- Tissue Paper Easter Egg Art – Days with Grey
- Decorate the Eggs – Toddler Approved
- Egg Art Garland – Art Bar
- How to Make Bunny Crayons for Easter – Celebrating with Kids
- Pom Pom Painting Egg – In the Playroom
- Easter Egg Paper Wreath – 3 Dinosaurs
- Upcycled Easter Crayons – Simplify Create Inspire
- Easter Egg Roll and Paint – Busy Toddler
- Chick Paper Bag Puppet Craft – Simply Everyday Mom
- Easter Egg Collage Art – Fun Learning For Kids
- Easter Egg Flower Art – Hello Wonderful
- Cardboard Egg Garland – Art Bar
- Tape Resist Easter Art – Preschool Inspirations
- Cardboard Paper Tube Chick – Crafts by Amanda
Fun Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
Oh, how I love these Easter egg decorating ideas! This collection of ideas shares natural ways to dye an Easter egg, marble eggs, decorate eggs with tissue paper, spin painting, and shave cream-dyed eggs.
- How to Make Natural Easter Egg Dyes – Mommy Evolution
- Tie-Dyed Easter Eggs – Fun at Home with Kids
- Marbled Easter Eggs – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Speckled Easter Eggs with Dry Rice – A Thrifty Mom
- Tissue Paper Easter Eggs – Creative Connections for Kids
- Toothbrush Easter Egg – Art Bar
- Modge Podge Easter Eggs – Creative Connections for Kids
- Color By Number Easter Eggs – No Time for Flashcards
- Spin Painted Easter Eggs – Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
- Shaving Cream Dyed Eggs – Crafty Morning
- Bubble Wrap Easter Eggs – Parents Magazine
What is a popular family activity for Easter?
Popular family activities for Easter can include Easter egg hunts, eating traditional Easter foods, Easter bingo, spending time with family, or decorating Easter eggs. Here is a list of my favorite 11 family activities for Easter.
- Adult Easter Egg Hunt – Busy Toddler
- How to Host an Easter Egg Hunt – Toddler Approved
- Easter Scavenger Hunt (In Spanish!) – Lorena y Lennox
- Easter Bingo – The Quiet Grove
- Secret Decodable Easter Messages – Homeschool of 1
- Easter Egg Memory Game – Happily Ever Mom
- Peeps Bunny Launcher – Team Cartwright
- Easter Would you Rather Questions – Kitchen Counter Chronicle
- Minute to Win It Family Games – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Kindness Easter Egg Hunt – Carpool and Coffee
- 50+ Silly Easter Jokes – On My Kids Plate
Craving a calmer morning?
Breakfast Invitations are simple learning games to begin the day with play.
Celebrate Easter with kids with egg hunts, Easter Bingo, decorating Easter eggs, simple Easter recipes, reading favorite picture books about spring, and spending time together as a family.
Egg cartons, tissue paper, painting, and Easter egg crafts are all fantastic springtime craft ideas for toddlers and preschoolers. Here are 51 spring activities for kids.
Growing up, Easter baskets always included more candy than I could count. But with a food allergy, we need non-food ideas for Easter basket ideas. Sticker books, sketch pads, watercolor paints, markers, sidewalk chalk, kinetic sand, memory games, and bathing suits make terrific Easter basket ideas for kids.