When the cabin fever in our home hits its annual all-time high at the end of winter, I know spring has to be near. (My toddler and I can almost taste it under the brown snow) After countless indoor activities with my kids, just thinking about seeing and feeling the green grass, sunshine, fresh air, birds chirping, and blossoms budding get my heart racing. And welcoming spring also means spring crafts for kids are right around the corner. What will you make? I have you covered with this simple (and awesome) list of spring crafts for kids.
RELATED: Oh, but that is not all. I also have this fun list of 51 things you can do with kids this spring.
Welcoming the start of a fresh season full of new life is an especially exciting time for curious little explorers. Spring signifies fresh starts, growth, vibrant colors, and vitamin D goodness. With springtime just around the corner, there’s no better time to start gathering all the best easy spring crafts for kids!
Remember, activities for kids can be quick, easy, and FUN!
I have collected and categorized my favorite simple spring crafts for toddlers and preschoolers. In this post, I will share 17 simple and creative spring crafts for toddlers, preschoolers, and all budding artists this spring season.
You guys! I think I see outdoor activities for kids on the horizon as well! Eeek!
Who has time to search for ideas?
Save with the PDF bundle to have everything you need on your digital device without ad interruptions.
What are some spring crafts?
The best spring crafts that are simple, engaging, doable, and leave your child feeling proud are the best crafts for toddlers and preschoolers. Don’t overcomplicate things. And surely don’t go out and buy a ton of random supplies you will never use again. The best crafts for kids are done with simple items and art supplies from home that your child may already be comfortable and familiar with.
Teaching your child to create is one of the greatest gifts you can teach them, regardless of age. Not only does it build and strengthen their fine motor skills, but it helps to increase their confidence and independence. Exposing your child to art from a young age can teach them so much about themselves and the possibilities they are capable of.
Experts have found that exposing young children to art is so important for child development. Research says that it can encourage and enhance the following:
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Self-expression & creativity
- Social & emotional skills
Favorite spring books for kids
Since spring crafts go great with spring books for kids, I hand-picked excellent reads! I also have a larger collection of spring books for kids.
Days with Grey participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my disclosure policy.
Tops and Bottoms
A funny, well-written book about planting, cooperation, and how working hard pays off.
Planting a Rainbow
A colorful and vibrant book to read with all ages.
How to Catch a Leprechaun
We get a kick out of this book every year! It will get everyone thinking about how to catch the Leprechaun in your home.
What are spring activities for kids?
These spring-themed concepts make for excellent spring crafts for your toddler or preschooler:
- Baby animals
- St. Patrick’s Day
Spring is all about new growth, both magical and mysterious to young curious minds! Stimulating their exploratory minds with hands-on spring arts and crafts is the perfect way to blend seasonal awareness with creativity for toddlers and preschoolers.
More on spring
Truth: there’s no better way to enjoy springtime than putting on your rainboots and heading out into the mud! If your toddler or preschooler is antsy to get out and get wet, investing in a water table is essential for all things sensory. Check out our outdoor sensory supplies to see all our favorites.
8 simple spring crafts for toddlers
These easy to set up and engaging spring crafts for toddlers will excite your child for the new season and ask for more!
- Butterfly Nature Craft – Crafts on Sea – Let your toddler explore the outdoors and collect items to decorate a simple butterfly drawing with their nature findings.
- Coffee Filter East Wreath – Happy Hooligans – Help your toddler create this beautiful springtime coffee filter wreath you will actually want to hang up for the spring season!
- Egg Carton Crafts Spring Bugs – Fun with Mama – Create cute and fun bugs that your toddler will absolutely love to showcase and play with all spring season long.
- Finger Painting Rainbow – My Bored Toddler – Finger painting is the ultimate form of sensory exploration art! Let your toddler create a colorful rainbow in this simple spring craft.
- Polka Dot Tulips – Toddler Approved – A simple and creative flower-themed craft for spring that lets your toddler decorate a big flower with dot markers.
- Pour Painting Flower Pot – Messy Little Monster – Create vibrant flower pots with this super easy painting craft that your toddler will love to use to start their spring garden with.
- Rain Cloud Toddler Craft – My Bored Toddler – Introduce seasonal weather concepts to your toddler while creating this simple cotton ball and crepe paper rainy day craft.
- Spring Snack Bags for Kids – Days with Grey – A functional spring craft that lets your toddler decorate their very own snack bag with stickers and markers that they can pack for the next park outing.
9 simple spring crafts for preschoolers
Your preschooler will absolutely love these beautifully vibrant, simple spring crafts!
- 3D Doily Flowers – Crafty Morning – Create beautiful bright flowers with watercolors that will pop right off the page using doilies to create 3D art!
- Easter Art Paintings for Kids – Days with Grey – Grab a cardboard box sitting in the garage and use it as a canvas for a simple Easter egg drawing for your preschooler to paint and decorate.
- Nature Murals; An Outdoor Art Idea – Days with Grey – Use up any old scrap wood panels sitting around and head outside to collect nature from your own backyard to create an abstract mural.
- Paper Plate Tambourine For St. Patrick’s Day – Red Ted Art Get your preschooler into the St. Patty’s Day spirit with this musical painted rainbow craft!
- Paper Towel Butterflies (3 ways) – Happy Hooligans – Your preschooler will be amazed by this beautifully colorful butterfly craft that introduces color mixing and water absorption concepts.
- Popcorn Popping Painting – Toddler Approved – What better way to craft, than to combine it with snacking! Your preschooler will absolutely love this spring craft that combines popcorn and paint to create amazing budding springtime trees.
- Rainbow Trap – Days with Grey – This rainbow sequencing activity is so simple. I have an entire container of pom poms calling my name. I need to put them to good use for a fun spring craft that seconds as an activity.
- Retell The Very Hungry Caterpillar – Days with Grey – Let’s bring back a spring classic! I love so much about the Very Hungry Caterpillar Activity book and activity because the colors are so bright! The rhythmic pattern is also one that you will hear in your sleep. – It’s just all so brilliant!
- Tissue Paper Easter Art – Days with Grey – Using tissue paper and glue, this paint-free, yet colorful way to decorate Easter eggs is a fun and festive spring craft for your preschooler.
Keep spring crafting simple.
Engaging your little one in the art of creativity is so important for their growth and development. Keep your toddler and/or preschooler busy and creative with these simple spring crafts this spring. This extensive list is designed to be a go-to craft guide for making easy, fun, and beautifully vibrant spring artwork.
And always remember that knowing how to display your kid’s artwork is essential to building their self-assurance and confidence. Your child will be proud to see their seasonal artwork highlighted in your home!
Growing up, Easter baskets always included more candy than I could count. But with a food allergy, we need non-food ideas for Easter basket ideas. Sticker books, sketch pads, watercolor paints, markers, sidewalk chalk, kinetic sand, memory games, and bathing suits make terrific Easter basket ideas for kids.
Any type of spring craft designed to give your child the independent ability to create is the best craft for toddlers and preschoolers. When children are allowed to create, they build confidence while strengthening fine motor skills. Here are 50 art activities for kids.
Egg cartons, tissue paper, painting, and Easter egg crafts are all fantastic springtime craft ideas for toddlers and preschoolers. Here are 51 spring activities for kids.
Flowers, butterflies, and bugs are all fun and seasonally appropriate concepts that toddlers and preschoolers associate with springtime. Offering your child simple craft projects based around these spring themes is a fun way to get them involved and excited about the new season.