This is the small business gift guide you need. Looking to support a small shop (or a few) this holiday season? I am! This small business gift guide is here to help.
As a small business owner, I know how many of us have inventory on our dining room tables and how often we shuffle kids in and out of post offices to get an order shipped faster than Amazon. We can find the best toys for kids and thoughtful gifts for family members in various places.
With this small business gift guide, let’s get a few more go-to brands on your radar this holiday season.
Related: Here are 7 reasons to shop local and support small businesses.
These small businesses are fantastic.
Here, you will find your next family gift, a fresh idea for the explorer, and maybe something for yourself. (cough, Judith Bright is gorgeous!)
Let’s dive into some of our favorite Small Business Gift Guides we love supporting!
Joy Cannis Photography
Are you in the Atlanta area? Allow me to introduce you to Joy Cannis photography. It is such a delight working with Joy. She is personable and excellent with kids. Whether in the studio, under strobes and softboxes, or in nature surrounded by daylight, every session is unique and has the potential to be extraordinary.
MENTION: DAYS WITH GREY in the contact form for 10% off.
I am smitten with Kate’s wristlet. This wristlet has my keys and wallet in one place. It is everything I need to get the boys out the door and into the car for preschool, practice, or grabbing groceries. Averyn Co. wristlets make a wonderful gift for friends and family.
Use CODE: BETH10 to save 10%.
Birds and Bees
When my son recently asked me about puberty, I felt prepared after learning from Birds and Bees. In November, I attended this course in person, and it has fully equipped me for more conversations.
Course is 30% off, no code needed, ends December 1.
Mama May I
Looking for handmade wooden toys? We have a collection of items from Jessica’s shop that we love.
Jessica and her mom make these toys by hand, and the ones we play with have lasted for years!
Use CODE: DAYSWITHGREY10 to save 10%.
Vermont Nut Free
Vermont nut-free is one of my favorite places to get nut-free holiday chocolate. Their chocolate is SO delicious!
Use CODE: DAYSWITHGREY to save 15%.
Brooke is the author of 52 Modern Manners for Kids, and we read one daily at dinner. Each manner includes a summary and conversation starters for each child to share how they would handle the situation.
Happy Tot Shelf
Fynn from Happy Tot Shelf has a FABULOUS activity book on which you must get your hands. It is an understatement to say that we have a few pages tabbed.
Fynn has three little children and believes in raising happy little learners, one activity, and one shelf at a time! She has simple ideas packed with learning for multiple ages at a time. Fynn believes in collaboration and teamwork, and each activity demonstrates that!
Food allergy families! Spokin works diligently to share restaurant guides and travel tips and verified food allergy brands with families. I refer to this guide often as I navigate safe foods for our peanut-free family.
Looking for handmade jewelry that will last? I was, and Judith Bright has a gorgeous collection to choose from! I am so happy with everything I have gifted or received over the last few years.
Judith Bright typically has coupon codes on her site!
Counting with Kids
Neily gives you simple ways to help your child build strong math skills now, so that math doesn’t become a struggle later.
Use CODE: GIFTOFMATH to save 15%.
Looking to support a small shop bookstore? We always enjoy stopping at Downtown Books in Dothan, Alabama.
Downtown Books is a thoughtfully curated little neighborhood kids’ bookshop with a unique selection of diverse, classic, artful stories, creative workshops, story clubs, and unique gifts.
A La Mode Ice Cream
As a family with a peanut (and now tree nut) allergy, ice cream is impossible. Most brands share a factory with nuts of all kinds, which is too dangerous for food allergy families to risk the chance of cross-contamination.
A La Mode has been our saving grace! After finding A La Mode, my son finally tried ice cream for the FIRST time at four years old. I cannot wait to bring him to the ice cream shop in NYC, where he can finally order without having his guard up.
I learned about Lalo from my friend Lizzie on the Workspace for Children. Lizzie recently took the Head of Play and Development position and is the perfect educational leader for the job! I have learned so much from Lizzie over the years.
Clue Town Books
I love Clue Town Books! They are mini-hunts designed for adults but tested with children.
Clue Town Books is a series of ready-to-solve puzzle hunts. They are great for date nights, birthday parties, out-of-town guests, team building, sightseeing, education, entertainment, and exercise!
Check them out for a fun experience gift! This adventure makes a fun date night!
More Small Businesses
I asked our Instagram community which small businesses are their favorite. Here are a handful of the responses! I haven’t personally purchased from this list…yet.
- Art Kits – The Tiny Easel
- Bags and backpacks – Rad Revolution
- Bank for kids – Benjamin Talks
- Bookstore in Buffalo, NY – Alice Ever After
- Bow and arrow for kids – Two Bros Bows
- Bows, masks, and goodies – Willow Crowns
- Canadian toy shop – Dilly Dally Kids
- Cards – Forever Flower Cards
- Children’s boutique – Olivia Shoppe
- Children’s clothing – The Good Kid Company
- Children’s clothing – Pen and Nash
- Children’s hair bows – Cottontail Bow & Co.
- Custom crayons – Custom Crayons by Megan
- Custom kid plates – Dylbug
- Dinosaur hoodies – Little Bits a Love
- Farm and Flowers – SUOT Farm
- Felt Quiet Time Books – Quiet Book Queen
- Giant art banners – Friends Art Lab
- Giant coloring pages – Teaching Tot Things
- Gift boxes for teens and adults – Box Babe Gift Co
- Gift ideas – Tiff Zippy
- Handcrafted Goods – Textile Trolley
- Handcrafted serving boards – Pino Grande Woodworking
- Handmade toys – Merci Milo
- Hand-poured candles – Ellery Mae Candle Co
- Holiday subscription box – Year Cheer
- Home goods – Maple and Lark
- Kid’s shop in Columbus Ohio – Cub Shrub
- Laser-cut signs – Queen B Home
- Lightweight earrings – Grace & Wood Co
- Mama and baby center Athens, Ga – Reblossom
- Mugs and apparel – Her Hears Collection
- Organizational pouches – Eden and Emeralds
- Outdoor gear for kids – Lone Cone
- Play kits – Captivating Play
- Play kits – Jilly Jumbles
- Reusable snack bags, baby items, and organic clothing – Howdy Girl Designs
- Sensory play kits – Hippee Horray
- Sporting Equipment – Sporthaus
- Stainless steel cups and mugs – Keep It Real Steel Deal
- Stationary – Igloo Press
- Toys shop in VA – Pufferbellies
- Toys shop in Olympia, WA – Captain Little
- Toy shop in Portland – Spielwerk Toys
- Women’s shirts – Scarlet & Gold
- 3D printed jewelry – Love, Lori Michelle
- Whimsical jewelry designs – Molly Dots
Which small business will you dive into first? So many beautiful ideas and brands are listed here!