Looking for ways to entertain your kids at the Thanksgiving dinner table this year? Look no further! Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions are one of our most favorite Thanksgiving activities for kids. They are such a funny and engaging way to involve everyone gathered around the Thanksgiving table. Whether you’re asking a practical or silly question, young kids, big kids, and even adults will love this new tradition. Save this list of 25 Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions to keep the conversation easy and the laughter rolling this Thanksgiving!
RELATED: Check out our list of 80 Good Would You Rather Questions for Kids that are great for any time of the year!
What are Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions?
Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions are simple either/or questions themed around Thanksgiving. If you’re new to this, allow me to explain…
In general, Would You Rather questions are a way to offer your kids a simple phrased question giving them the option of one thing OR another. The choices can be silly or straightforward. And there’s never a right or wrong answer. The options are endless when it comes to crafting these fun questions.
Use these general Thanksgiving ideas and concepts to build your questions:
- Thanksgiving Day activities (football, parade)
- Thanksgiving foods
- Weather changes (leaves, cooler temperatures)
WOULD YOU RATHER…CARDS
Subscribe to our newsletter and get these FREE Would You Rather… printable cards for your family to use:
- At the Thanksgiving table
- Hanging with family
- In the car
- And more!
(If you are already a subscriber, you will not be subscribed twice. Enter your name and email to print!)
Would You Rather questions are good for everyone!
Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions are such a great way to involve (and entertain) everyone at your Thanksgiving table. As we know, asking questions is so important for kids! They can help to develop critical thinking, learning, communication, and language-building skills.
Parents can have fun with these questions at home and teachers can use them in the classroom.
Even though these questions are answered based on choices already given, they can (almost always) strike up open-ended conversations, which is so beneficial for kids!
Using Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions helps to:
- Break the ice/conversation starter
- Keep the conversation light-hearted
- Develop critical thinking
- Have a good time!
RELATED: Our Thanksgiving Activity Table is another must-do for kids during the Thanksgiving holiday!
25 Would You Rather Thanksgiving questions
Children as young as toddlers all the way up to grandparents will have fun with these Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions!
1. Would you rather eat your Thanksgiving meal with a fork OR spoon?
2. Would you rather have turkey feathers for hair OR mashed potatoes for shoes?
3. Would you rather eat cold turkey OR cold mashed potatoes?
4. Would you rather take a bath in mashed potatoes OR cranberry sauce?
5. Would you rather invite Bluey’s dad or Spiderman to Thanksgiving?
6. Would you rather gobble like a turkey every time you speak OR do a turkey dance before every bite of food?
7. Would you rather have cranberry sauce rain from the sky OR stuffing grow on trees in your backyard?
8. Would you rather help cook OR clean up Thanksgiving dinner?
9. Would you rather have stuffing in your socks OR gravy in your pockets?
10. Would you rather be in a Thanksgiving parade OR watch the parade from home?
11. Would you rather have a pet turkey OR a pet fish?
12. Would you rather smell like turkey OR stuffing?
13. Would you rather take a turkey OR a chicken for a walk?
15. Would you rather skip Thanksgiving OR Halloween?
16. Would you rather jump in a pile of leaves OR jump in a pile of whipped cream?
17. Would you rather eat Thanksgiving at your house OR someone else’s house?
18. Would you rather have your Thanksgiving dinner on the moon OR under the sea with the Thanksgiving mermaids?
19. Would you rather get your face painted with face paint OR Thanksgiving foods?
20. Would you rather dream about Thanksgiving dessert OR birthday dessert?
21. Would you rather have mashed potato clouds OR stuffing bushes in your backyard?
22. Would you rather find mashed potatoes OR a spider in your hair?
23. Would you rather eat brussels sprouts OR green beans at Thanksgiving dinner?
24. Would you rather sleep covered in marshmallow fluff OR butter?
Your Thanksgiving dinner talk is sure to be memorable!
Whether you are prepping Thanksgiving dinner or sitting around the table, Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions are guaranteed to keep everyone entertained. You will be surprised by how such simple and silly questions can strike up so many hysterical and memorable conversations!
Empower your child with skills to thrive.
24 low-prep activities and relatable conversation starters that equip kids for life.
- Order the easy-to-follow activity cards.
- Build the foundation for social-emotional learning.
- Notice a shift in self-confidence and self-regulation as you and your child implement what you practice.
Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions are simple either/or questions based around the theme of Thanksgiving (foods, traditions, activities).
Would You Rather questions are good for all ages! These Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions are best for ages 4-100.
Use Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions leading up to the big day, while you’re prepping dinner, or around the Thanksgiving table (my favorite)!