Days with Grey no longer promotes the use of water beads with kids. This post is to use at your own risk, however, alternative sensory filler activities can be found here.
All activities to be done under adult supervision © 2020 by Days with Grey LLC
Water beads are not safe to eat.
RELATED: These 50+ Play Ideas will keep you busy year-round!
Dried-out water beads can be used again.
After playing with the water beads, dry them on a towel not in reach or sight of any child.
Store them in a ziplock once they are back to their original size. You can add water again when ready to reuse the water beads!
Be on the lookout for the used water beads to get moldy. If you notice mold on your water beads, do not reuse and dispose of them.
RELATED: Looking for water games to cool off your summer fun? You will love this list of 35+ Winning Water Games for Kids.
Are water beads safe to eat?
Do not leave your toddler or preschooler unattended with water beads. They are not edible, and you do not want them putting the water beads anywhere near their mouth.
My four-year-old scooped, transferred, and funneled each water bead into different containers testing out just “how many” fit.
RELATED: We love outdoor play, and here are the best supplies for outdoor sensory play!
Why is sensory play important?
Sensory play will also encourage:
- Conversation skills
- Inquiry-based learning
- Calming down
- Fine motor development