Christmas sticker cups are where it’s at! They strengthen small hand muscles and give us a couple of minutes to ourselves. – ideal for a Breakfast Invitation? You know it! Breakfast Invitations do not have to involve a laminator, you do not need to spend $30+ on supplies, and you certainly do not have to come up with ideas on your own. – that is why I am here!
You can help your child learn at home in simple, powerful ways.
This Christmas sticker cup activity is budget-friendly and easy to set up! But enough of the chit-chat…let’s get into the supplies you’ll need and how to start this great holiday activity!
RELATED: Curious about how to keep all ideas in one space? Check out the Breakfast Invitation Card Pack.
What are the Learning Perks of Christmas Sticker Cups?
- Fine motor skills – this activity strengthens the little muscles so your child can correctly cut and hold a pencil down the line. You can see our entire collection of fine motor activities here!
- Writing skills – children need strong hands to take writing to the next level! Kindergarten asks children to draw, dictate, and write to compose opinion pieces. Opinion pieces are when they tell a reader the topic or name of the book they are writing about, then state a point of view or preference.
Another perk? They are excited to drink from their new holiday cup! Water intake for the win.
The Simple Set-Up for Christmas Sticker Cups
Step 1. Set out the stickers and cups.
I laid the stickers and the cups out the night before.
When my preschoolers wake, they come down and get started as I prepare breakfast and try and wake up without a million requests.
Step 2. Let your kids decorate the cups.
Here, they are decorating holiday cups to strengthen fine motor grip.
They do this by peeling off the stickers and holding their hand steady to place them on the cup. Now, would you believe this simple task links to Kindergarten Common Core Standards?
That’s it! Just two steps for a simple Christmas setup.
Supplies You’ll Need
- Christmas sticker pack – you can’t make Christmas sticker cups without Christmas stickers! This pack is so fun, and the kids love it.
- Plastic cups – you can grab a bunch of these from the store for your kids to hold and decorate.
- Winter sticker pack – I’m a sucker for snowflakes! This winter sticker pack is so sweet and gives it that extra holiday flair.
Expert Tip for Fine Motor Development
Pick ONE thing you want to improve and focus on that ONE skill.
If you want to practice fine motor skills, stay focused on the task at hand. You want to concentrate on your goal.
If the goal is fine motor grip, try not to also throw in letter recognition and sequencing. You can keep the brainpower to a minimum so your reluctant toddler or preschooler can zone in on what they need to work on.
RELATED: 25+ Ideas for Pencil Grip
Christmas Sticker Cups is Now a Breakfast Invitation Favorite!
Many of you ask, which Breakfast Invitations do you have on repeat?
Well, after introducing my five-year-old and three-year-old to this holiday sticker activity, I will say, hands down, THIS ONE.
I love when both boys are equally invested in one idea.
I generated the idea from Sticker Shirt Design. A simple Breakfast Invitation that we played around Halloween. It was such a hit in my home and yours that I knew Sticker Design 2.0 needed to happen.
This fine motor activity makes the perfect breakfast invitation and is a holiday win! When will you set up Christmas sticker cups?
Need activity ideas to get you through the holidays?
- 40+ Christmas Activities
- Christmas Color Matching
- Christmas Invitation to Play at the Tree Farm
- Christmas Lights Fine Motor Play
- Fingerprint Christmas Painting for Kids
- Holiday Toy List
Frequently Asked Questions
The stickers stick the way we hope they would! Make sticker cups on cups you can reuse a few times but not put in the dishwasher. We like to add our holiday cups into the play kitchen to use for holiday play.
Having a holiday party? Use a permanent marker to add names to your cups. But remember, sticker cups will have a personal design that kids can also use to recognize which cup is theirs.
You can, however they will eventually wash away.
The sticker pack listed in our supply list is our favorite! Inside you will see stickers for many different seasons, celebrations, and holidays.
Days with Grey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my disclosure policy.